NOTE – The download for the purse pattern, instructions, and flower embroidery design is included with the purchase of this kit. Don’t forget to download them! The flower embroidery design is provided in the following formats: ART, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, VIP and VP3.
Summer Sweetheart Purse Kit
This kit also comes with a download for the purse pattern, instructions, and embroidery design for the 3D flowers. The project instructions include directions for using a Baby Lock Sashiko machine to quilt the purse body fabric and for using a needle felting machine such as Baby Lock’s Embellisher to create the purse flap. However, you may also use a regular sewing machine to quilt the purse fabric and hand needle felting needles to needle felt the silk fabrics for the purse flap.
The contents of the kit are listed below. You will ALSO need the following materials: sewing thread to match fabrics, quilting thread (Maxi-Lock Swirls Raspberry recommended), clear monofilament thread, and an 18” x 13” piece of Soft & Stable foam from byAnnie.com (or a similar product) for the body of the purse.
– 14″ x 18″ sparkle white purse body fabric
-14″ x 18″ pink dotted cotton purse lining fabric
– 8″ x 12″ pink dotted cotton purse flap lining fabric
– 8″ x 12″ very firm cut-away stabilizer (for flap)
– 8″ x 12″ fiberfil batting (for flap)
– 8 pre-stitched silk velvet/organza flowers (design is included so you can make more)
– small package of pink glass seed beads (for flower centers)
– assorted scraps of silk fabrics (for needle felting)
– assorted yarns & fibers (for needle felting)
– 2 pieces of very skinny grosgrain ribbon (3″ long each; for ribbon loops)
– silver chain purse strap with hooks (23″ long)